University Distinguished Professor
- Ph.D. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.S. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S. | Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Metamorphic/tectonic evolution of mountain ranges, stable isotopes of vertebrate fossils for paleoclimate and paleoecology, geochemistry of metamorphic minerals and fossils.
- GEOS300: Earth Materials
- GEOS324: Petrography
- GEOS345: Igneous/Metamorphic Petrology
- GEOS350: Geology/Geography of the National Parks
- GEOS497/597/697: Seminar in Geochemistry
- GEOS540: Tectonics Seminar
- GEOS607: Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
- GEOS636: Stable Isotope Geochemistry
I currently have projects in NW India and Bhutan (metamorphism and tectonics), and in southern Argentina (paleoclimate and paleoecology). There are additional opportunities to work on trace element and isotopic zoning in metamorphic minerals, tectonics in the Himalaya and Scandinavian Caledonides, trace elements in vertebrate fossils, and isotope/trace element systematics in modern teeth from Idaho.