Department of Geosciences
- Outstanding Graduates, Past and Future
- Research at the Ends of the Earth
- Snow Science Study in Alps, Austria
- Geoscientists Without Borders: Boise State & Benin
- NASA Grover Addresses Greenland’s Massive Ice Sheet Questions
- MS Hydrologic Sciences Graduates (Spring 2012)
- Research at Dry Creek Experimental Watershed
- Environmental Research Building: Department’s New facilities
- The World is Our Laboratory
- Benin: Geophysical Methods to Resolve Groundwater Problems
Discovering and disseminating knowledge of Earth’s processes and properties
Welcome to this information source for the Boise State Department of Geosciences. I encourage you explore these pages to learn about our discipline and our community of scholars …(read more from the department chair).Jim McNamara, Professor and Chair
We study the geology, geophysics, and surface dynamics of Earth using a platform of analytical facilities, computational resources, experimental sites, and measurement systems.
The physical and chemical properties of rocks that make up the solid earth and the processes responsible for their origin and evolution.
The integration of geology, mathematics, and physics to understand the Earth’s properties.
The hydrological, geomorphological, and ecological processes responsible for shaping Earth’s surface and maintaining Earth’s ecosystems.